Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Jessica Herzing Announces Candidacy for CC Commissioner

I, Jessica Herzing, am excited to announce my candidacy for the office of Cameron County Commissioner on the Republican Ballot.

You may know me from my time leading the Cameron County Project, as the staff accountant at Judd A. Schager CPA, or because I grew up in Emporium and my Dad is Clinton Weekley. As project coordinator of the Cameron County Project, I championed the need for residents' voices in local decision-making. I invited residents to re-engage with our communities and put your ideas and priorities into the hands of those who could make them a reality. I will continue seeking resident input and promoting our county's need for active and engaged residents. I bring eight years of accounting and business advisory experience to the position. I am well-versed in fund accounting and grant administration, budget preparation and audit process, and navigating local, state, and federal regulatory environments (and their red tape), making me a capable steward of our county's resources and budget. I appreciate that Cameron County is unique in its size and economic struggles, and a one size fits all approach isn't going to cut it. Our future success lies in collaboration, knowledge sharing, smart fiscal management, and greater transparency.

I graduated from CCHS in 2005. I hold a bachelor's degree in business administration from IUP and another in accounting from Central Penn College. I moved back to Cameron County in 2011, and my husband, Toby, and I are raising our two kids here in Emporium. I serve on the Community Education Council of Elk and Cameron Counties and the Guy and Mary Felt Manor Board of Directors. I volunteer with local organizations like the Super Saturday Committee and Cameron County Community Chest and lead the Kingdom Kids children's ministry at the Emporium First United Methodist Church.

I'm a big-picture thinker, analytical, honest, and practical. I have a proven record of accomplishing what I set out to do for our community. I understand the dire need for economic and community development for Cameron County to thrive. I am passionate about ensuring a Cameron County residents can be proud to call home. I have what it takes to be an effective Commissioner. I would appreciate your support in the primaries this May.

No comments:

Post a Comment