Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Joshua D. Zucal Announces Candidacy for CC Commissioner

 

I, Joshua D. Zucal, am pleased to announce my candidacy for the position of Cameron County Commissioner on the Democratic ballot for 2023.

During the past year I have served as the Marketing Director for Cameron County. I’ve focused on creating relationships with the PA Wilds, PA Great Outdoors, Lumber Heritage Region, Department of Conservation and Recreation, among many other state and regional organizations to build communication from the county level to the partners who represent Cameron County. I’ve worked directly with the Cameron County Commissioners on multiple projects, giving me insight and experience to the position.

As commissioner, I will serve the community by providing my communication and entrepreneurial skills to enhance our community. I believe in a regional approach of rural development because together we are stronger. My focal point will be utilization of our natural history and environment to provide one of the best places to live, work, and play in PA while leveraging statewide and university led initiatives.

I graduated from Cameron County High School, class of 2001, and sought higher education at Penn State for engineering and graphic design. Afterwards, I entered the workforce and became an entrepreneur specializing in the utilization of local materials for professional woodworking. While operating my own business for 12 years I had hands on training with business-to-business relations, managing employees, operation budget, and customer care.

You may know me more recently as owner of Aroma Café alongside my wife Lindsey. In 2015 we took over the established restaurant. We still operate this local business and are presently transitioning to bring something new to the county. In our time at Aroma, Bearded Brewing was also created. This artisan roasted coffee company continues to operate and I supply multiple cafés with freshly roasted coffee beans while experiencing continued growth over the years.

My passion for community has inspired multiple adventures through the years. From providing local produce for health, to being a worship team member for well-being, and mentoring youth while coaching various sports, I’ve always put time and energy into providing for others. In the past year I was fortunate enough to find help in starting the local farmer’s market, a sorely needed event to connect consumers to producers and provide the public with fresh nutrition.

Looking forward to the future, I hope to serve the community as a county commissioner. I wish to continue the progress I’ve made as the marketing director, carrying the relationships I’ve built into the new position, and hope to bring more opportunity to Cameron County for economic and community development. As always, I’ll be here to serve for the betterment of our people and area.

I would appreciate your support and nomination for Cameron County Commissioner. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment