Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Veteran Programmer Dave LaBrozzi (KDKA, WABC, WPLJ) Announces Retirement

Dave speaking at the Cameron County 2014 Sports Hall of Fame 

Audacy news/talk KDKA Pittsburgh Brand Manager and longtime programmer Dave LaBrozzi has announced his retirement, effective in April. LaBrozzi joined the legendary AM, which simulcasts on FM translator W261AX at 100.1, in November 2021 following two years at Red Apple Media news/talk WABC New York, including as VP of Programing.

LaBrozzi’s career stretches across four decades. He was Program Director of New York's WPLJ and spent 14 years as VP of Programming for Infinity/CBS Radio/Entercom’s Baltimore stations prior to his time at WABC. Before that, LaBrozzi was regional VP of Programming for Clear Channel (now iHeartMedia), overseeing stations in Pittsburgh; Wheeling, WV; and Johnstown, PA. His programming travelogue includes stops in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin and Nashville.

“My radio life is coming to an end,” LaBrozzi wrote in a post on Facebook, as reported by Barrett News Media. “The best part of my job was working with some of the best talent in the country. I tried to never get in their way and I listened in awe to what they created daily. They were the reason for my success and I am thankful for the privilege of tagging along.

“The time has come for me to walk away, and I do so with the deepest appreciation, LaBrozzi continued. “If I worked with you, I hope you can say that I gave you my best and that I helped you succeed. I know my life was richer because of you and I will cherish the memories we created together. Thank you!”
A replacement at KDKA has not yet been announced.

 Sharing Dave's retirement announcement, he posted on Fb for those of you that don't use Facebook. 
We are Cameron County proud of you Dave!!

 Big news today: With apologies to a 1974 Mac Davis song, “Rock ‘n’ Roll (I Gave You the Best Years of My Life), “Radio, I gave you the best years of my life.” Now, my radio life is coming to an end. My last day is slated for early April.

 I look back with gratitude. It began a long, long time ago at 1250 WLEM in my small, wooded hometown of Emporium and I would have never imagined that all of my dreams would be multiplied by two. I was blessed with an amazing journey; from Emporium to New York City and every city in between including Nashville, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

My wife was/is my hero and she was always my biggest fan. We started our journey together in Wheeling, WV and we lived out the lyrics of WKRP in Cincinnati; moving from town to town and up and down the dial. In Nashville and in other markets, I was known as Amie Harper’s husband because she was always the bigger star -and I was okay with it. Nashville remains my all-time favorite place because both our amazing children were born there.

The best part of my job was working with some of the best talent in the country. I tried to never get in their way and I listened in awe to what they created daily. They were the reason for my success and I am thankful for the privilege of tagging along. 
 There were some great leaders with whom I have great respect and they deserve mentioning: Vito Lanzillo and Deb, Jeanine, Tony Booth, Bill Shannon, Stan Webb, Steve Edwards, Bob Philips, Chris Oliviero, Mike McVay, Dave Popovich and Michael Spacc. Thank you all! I’ve made lifelong friends and lost some too. I desperately miss my dear friend Charlie Mitchell. Friends Bob Nelson and George Hart have been gone too long but their impact is remembered daily. There are others but the list would be too long for this space to hold.

The time has come for me to walk away and I do so with the deepest appreciation. If I worked with you, I hope you can say that I gave you my best and that I helped you succeed. I know my life was richer because of you and I will cherish the memories we created together.
 Thank you! Now, about that last break…

No comments:

Post a Comment