Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Write in Misty Orner for CC School Board

 

Hello, my name is Misty Orner and I am running for a seat on the Cameron County School District school board. My running for school board will allow me to advocate for the education of all children in our community and to ensure our tax dollars are being spent wisely and truly. 

I believe that a school board must be responsive and receptive to parents, staff, students, and all the community, encouraging an open dialog with respect. The board must take input from all groups and weigh all the facts before making any decisions. Anyone that comes before the board has the right to be “heard”, not just speak. 

My focus as a board member would be on serving all the children in the community, one child is no more important than another. Our schools are here to serve the educational needs of all children. Those who choose to further their education in college, in trade schools, as home makers, as mechanics, etc.. Every child deserves a chance in our schools. 

One of the things that I would want to see changed is the relationship that the school board has with the public. There is a lack of trust and transparency between the public and the school board. The lack of follow through on requests for information and lack of action on issues that affect everyone in the district. The school board must always remember that they are there to serve us, the public.

 It’s not the number of years that you serve a community that qualifies or disqualifies a person from service. It’s the quality and results of that service that must be considered. I promise you, I am not a follower. I am not afraid to question the narrative. I will consider all information and facts and come to my own thought and conclusion when I vote. I will not be persuaded due to a clique. It is time for a change at Cameron County School District, and the time starts now.

 I would be honored to have your vote on November 2nd for school board member at large as a write in.

No comments:

Post a Comment