Cameron County Government
For Official Release: "Commissioner Jessica Herzing Announces Resignation Effective November 1" You can check out our latest press releases (including this one) here:
Commissioner Jessica Herzing Announces Resignation Effective November 1
09-04-2026
Cameron County Commissioner Jessica Herzing has submitted her resignation from the Cameron County Board of Commissioners, effective November 1, 2026.
“Serving the people of Cameron County has been an extraordinary privilege. I am deeply grateful to the residents who entrusted me with this responsibility, to my fellow Commissioners, and especially to the County employees who have shared their knowledge with me and worked alongside me over the last three years.
I am proud of the work we have accomplished together, particularly our efforts to increase transparency, strengthen County finances and operations, invest in our facilities and community, and position the County for the work still ahead.
I selected November 1 intentionally to allow time to continue working through budget development, financial system improvements, and other ongoing projects while providing for an orderly transition.
Cameron County is my home. While I am leaving elected office, I am not leaving this community, and I remain incredibly grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve it.”
Herzing will continue serving as Commissioner through November 1 and will work with County officials and staff during the transition.

No comments:
Post a Comment