Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Friday, August 12, 2022

Cameron County Farmers Market Introduces Valerie van Breugel

 

Cameron County Farmers Market
I’ve been told, since I’m selling some of our own vegetables at the market, that I should do a profile on myself as well. So here goes… 

For those that don’t know, I am Valerie van Breugel, a fairly new resident to CamCo, having moved here for love, just over 3 years ago, to be with my husband Steve VanEerden. Having most recently lived in the big city of Vancouver, BC it has been quite the change of pace for me to move here to the beautiful PA Wilds! I love the slower pace, smaller community and the wildlife and forests are a slice of heaven for me!

 Steve had been growing his own vegetables here for many years before I joined him and had created a beautiful big garden on our property that I happily took over when I moved in! Gardening has become one of my favourite new hobbies living here. I love all the time I spend planting, harvesting, canning , freezing and cooking creative new meals from all the delicious goodies that come out of our garden. 

 I got involved with the farmers market when I heard that Josh Zucal wanted to start one earlier this year. I absolutely loved the idea and volunteered my help. Josh, in his role as Marketing Manager of Cameron County, has so many projects on the go that he was happy to have the extra pair of hands and together we created the Cameron County Farmers Market. It’s been so much fun putting it all together and I have loved getting to meet so many talented and creative people in the community. 

 Thank you everyone for all your support, enthusiasm and positive feedback while we work at bringing the farmers market back to Cameron County. We couldn’t do it without you all, vendors and visitors alike! I’ll be selling a few of our own fresh vegetables at the market this Saturday, 9am to 1pm, at the Emporium Town Square. 
Hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment