Mark your calendar for the annual 2021 RATTLESNAKE HUNT
JUNE 12, 13, 2021 SINNEMAHONING SPORTSMEN’S CLUB.
Event opens at 8 am on Saturday and Sunday. There will be vendors, food, beverages, live music and raffles throughout the weekend. Shuttle service Saturday. The overflow parking will be across from the Sinnemahoning ballfield and also in the field next to the Willows (weather permitting). Covid restrictions and CDC guidelines should be followed.
FRIDAY, JUNE 11
* Snake hunters can register starting at 6pm at the Snake Pit. Hunting does not start until Saturday morning, June 12.
* Registration will reopen on Saturday morning at 7am at Snake pit.
* * All hunters must have Valid PA Fishing license and PA Rattlesnake Permit from the PA Fish and Boat Commission with them to register to hunt
. * All hunters must register prior to hunting and get a provisional permit at hunt headquarters.
SATURDAY, JUNE 12
Events: Questions & Answers sessions ongoing throughout the day.
* Kid’s Pit – Hands on training for the kids. 10 am, 12 noon, 2 pm, and 5 pm.
* Will be able to view the snakes captured for the hunt
* 5:00 pm All snakes must be turned in to be eligible for Saturday’s trophies. This contest will be based on weight of snake.
* 6:00 pm Trophies awarded for snakes turned in Saturday.
SUNDAY, JUNE 13
Events: * Questions & Answers sessions ongoing throughout the day
* Kid’s Pit – Hands on training for the kids. 10 am, 12 noon and 2 pm
* Will be able to view the snakes captured for the hunt.
* All snakes must be turned in by 2pm.
* Trophies for snake hunt will be awarded at 3pm.
This is a catch and release event. All snakes must be returned to capture site by sunset on Sunday.
Any snake hunt questions about the hunting aspect can be directed to Bill Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-503-7246