Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Canoe Race Update 4-6-17

.
Canoe Race Update 4-6-17

 Please visit this link for the latest updates on the race!


"" Here we go again its raining and the river is rising. It looks like it will be raining for awhile yet tonight. I am still hopeful with a windy day and less showers on Friday that the Driftwood will crest and settle down a bit and be within our parameters come Saturday. With that said we will be on our higher end scale of water level.

 I am going to have as many EMS folks as I can muster to keep an eye out and assist anyone that may have some issues. I am going to highly recommend that if you do not have experience paddling in higher faster water that you may want to set this year out. 

 A few paddling tips that may help. First don’t fear the water respect it. Make sure you have a good quality life jacket that FITS and is properly fitted to you. If you need to borrow a good one I have some available Please let me know ASAP. Very important Never Ever take your hands off your paddle your paddle is your prop it is what is going to keep you upright. Never grab the sides of the boat as soon as you do that, all control is lost. keep your boat as straight as possible keep your paddle in the water and just ride it through any heavy water you might find yourself in. 

 I will update again Friday and see where we stand. Fingers crossed AGAIN !!!

 Questions give me a call or email. Also one more thing as for Wykoff run road it will not open till Monday I personally drove down Red run/mix run Rd into Driftwood tonight in my Rogue to avoid the detour and it was fine I had no issues if some of you don’t mind the dirt road.""

No comments:

Post a Comment