Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Cameron County’s Brown May Have Set D9 Boys Record in Win at Galeton, Pa.

 

Cameron County’s Brown Explodes for 60; May Have Set D9 Boys Record in Win at Galeton, Pa.

Cameron County’s Hayden Brown scored what could very well be a District 9 record 60 points in the Red Raiders 85-41 win at Galeton in NTL play.

“I was honestly shocked,” Brown said. “A good friend of mine came over and told our coach as we were shooting free throws that I was at 56, and I had the potential to get the (school record). I thought to myself, that is honestly crazy.”

Brown got off to a great start scoring 16 first-quarter points to help the Red Raiders to a 22-7 lead at the end of eight minutes.

“I was told I started the game with the first 14 or 16 points,” Brown said. “At that point, I thought ‘good start’. But, I have had games like that before and it kind of fizzled out.”

He then added seven more points in the second half o give him 23 at halftime.

That was just a prelude to a massive second half that saw Brown double his point total by scoring 23 third-quarter to give him 46 on the night. He then added 14 more in the fourth quarter while going 8 of 8 from the free-throw line in the frame.

“Coming into the third quarter, about halfway through, I realized I was really starting to score,” Brown said. “I thought for sure I would just start missing shots.”

The 60 points topped the previous Cameron County record of 56 scored in 1999 by Shane Goss.

Read the complete article here 

 Article& photo credits the property of and written by by Chris Rossetti January 24, 2022 for D9and10sports.com

Congratulations Hayden!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment