Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Cameron County - High Water & Ice

Warmer weather, heavy rains and frozen creeks combined forces on Friday, January 12. Many low lying areas in the county were flooded, while other areas watched large ice chunks pile up over the creek banks that were overrun with high water. One trailer 2 miles west of Emporium was surrounded by water and ice on Friday, its occupants filming the scene live on Facebook. I live near this home and I don't believe I have ever seen the water this high. These two photos show the ice that was left behind after the water receded. 
 The video has been shared on my FB page for those that may want to view it.


22 miles away in the village of Sinnamahoning, residents were busy watching the river rise alarmingly high. By afternoon, the ice had risen to the bottom of the bridge that is across from the Willows. Fortunately, the water receded and the ice was able to continue downstream with no further damage to the bridge. In past years the bridge has suffered damage from the ice.


This photo shows the bridge on its side in February of 1977.


I'd like to thank my friends for allowing me to share these photos from Friday and 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment