Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

2016 Pittsburgh Marathon

Today was the running of the 2016 Pittsburgh Marathon

Pictured below are some of the runners who participated in the half marathon, running 13.1 miles. Congratulations ladies !

  Amanda Clark, Desiree Cummings ( Emporium) Mandy Miller ( Emporium ) Julie Prutznal 

Whitney Lewis, on the far right,completed the 26.2 miles


I want to share this story of Whitney's journey to race day.
 Dedication to her goal made her first marathon a reality. Congratulations Whitney!

 I DID IT!!!! One of my biggest life accomplishments-- I am a marathoner!! One year ago my goal for the year was to complete a 10k (6.6mi) and today I completed the Pittsburgh Marathon (26.2mi)! I found an inspirational group of people who were dedicated to getting up at 4:15am before work to run and they coached me through the training. I at first thought okay, I can do this and completed a half marathon in December and said to myself now I need to raise the bar and although it was so incredibly far above my bucket list and goal for life, I signed up and today I reached that goal!!! While I never thought possible--I was teaching third grade, coaching college and elementary basketball teams, waitressing, and getting my masters, running became my "me time," the time that I was able to dedicate daily to myself for a few hours every morning and not feel guilty like I should be doing something else. I never before considered myself a runner, just someone who ran a few miles to keep in shape, but now it has become a release and a passion.
 I've learned that while things can be so far in a dream world at one point in life, if you work hard and dedicate yourself, anything is possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment