Cameron County PA

Do you have some news, announcements, photos, items of interest ? Send them in !

Cameron County PA News will be happy to post these for you.

Contact me @ cameroncountypaonline@gmail.com.

You may also comeback from time to time by adding http://cameroncountynews.blogspot.com to your favorites list.

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Carol Caldwell Announces Candidacy for CC Commissioner

 

My name is Carol Caldwell and I am excited to announce my candidacy for Cameron County Commissioner on the Republican ballot. I have lived in Cameron County my entire life where I have raised my two children, Joe and Kate, and where I now watch my grandsons, Lakai and Nolan, grow up. I am very proud of our county and would be honored to serve in a leadership role.

Being an active member of our community in numerous roles has prepared me to become a commissioner. I am employed as an emergency medical technician for Cameron County Ambulance Service where I routinely work with law enforcement and the fire department. I have enhanced my leadership experience through my managerial positions at multiple local powdered metal companies. A commissioner needs to be familiar with finance and budgets and have strong communication and listening skills. I have extensive experience in these areas as a result of my 14 years as a cost accountant and my educational background as both a CPR and Emergency Medical Technician Instructor.

A strong commitment to public service in our community has brought me to volunteer for the Emporium Fire Department where I perform fire rehabilitation and determine the need for medical intervention for the men in the department. In addition, I am proud to be an active member in the Emporium Rotary.

Understanding that my places of employment and volunteer organizations cannot achieve their missions without proper funding, I have taken an active role in fundraising in all of them. This includes regularly coordinating successful fundraising events for ambulance and fire services. As the Music Booster President I spearheaded the efforts that enabled 50 of our kids to travel to Hawaii in 2014 and march in the Pearl Harbor Day Parade, helping to raise over $450,000 during my tenure.

My many years of employment, volunteer work, and commitment to the people of Cameron County have led me to this point. I would be honored to serve as your commissioner. Rest assured that I will always bring my strong work ethic, integrity, sense of responsibility, and policy of open communication to the position.

I seek out this position because I want to create a better Cameron County for my grandchildren. As commissioner, I am interested in the future development of the county and want to see it grow through the return of industry. While balancing the needs of our community, I would focus efforts on bolstering the businesses within our community that have supported us for so long. I look forward to continuing to learn more about the needs of the community from those within it, and I kindly ask for your support in the upcoming election.

No comments:

Post a Comment